Wednesday 27 June 2007

Multi-Culturalism...

First and foremost, I'm not a racist, nor do I condone racism in any way shape or form, but there are a few things I take issue with...

Firstly, the sheer number of immigrants to our society. We are rapidly becoming the most multi-cultural nation on earth simply by not doing a good enough job working out which people should be allowed in and which shouldn't. For example, let in Doctors, Nurses etc, people who can do skilled jobs which could benefit our ailing NHS, but don't let in hook-handed freakshows who are indangered in their own country for inciting violence so that they can incite violence against the very country who offers them respite and shelter from the inevitable hardships they would face back home.

Another annoying thing, especially true recently in Nortern Ireland, is the number of eastern europeans coming to work here. Now I have absolutely no problem with hard-working guys like that coming here and doing work, but if I want a factory job, the fact that it would help if I spoke polish really annoys me. I mean, if you're going to come here to work, learn English. You learn good english, and I'll get along with you fine. If I miss out on a job for not speaking a foreign language which isn't even taught in our schools? Then you and I will NOT get along fine.

Again, I am all for multi-culturalism, it enriches our society and instills a sense of pride that we are a nation where other people WANT to come to, but it is a dangerous thing to have borders which are too open. Illegal immigration is still rife in the waters around these islands and as such the prostitution, drugs and gun-dealing is still rife as well. If the government put half as much effort into stopping illegal people trafficking as it did into laws to allow MORE people to come in, then I wouldn't be writing this rant now.

There we have it- multi-culturalism is annoying me these days, and it should be annoying all like-minded people as well, because if we don't shut our borders at least a little, then we will soon have no culture left of our own, it will be lost in the quagmire of multi-culturalism for ever.

Especially here though, it seems to have given paramilitaries new focus. We can't attack the prods or catholics down the road now due to the peace process and cease fires etc, but we can all go and burn out the slovak family living at the end of the street, oh yes, perfect solution. What is it about these scumbags in Northern Ireland that feel they must always have a target? Someone to rob, intimidate or beat? This country is an annoying place to live in general...

No comments: